Hever Castle

Hever Castle was the childhood home of Henry VIII's second wife, Anne Boleyn. It later passed into the ownership of Henry's fourth wife, Anne of Cleves. From 1557 onwards the Castle was owned by a number of families including the Waldegraves, the Humfreys and the Meade Waldos. Finally, in 1903, William Waldorf Astor invested time, money and imagination in restoring the Castle, building the 'Tudor Village' and creating the gardens and lake.

Since 1983, the castle has been open to the public, and has a homely atmosphere housing historic 16th century Tudor portraits, furniture and tapestries.

The catering and hospitality at Hever Castle is provided by Leith's Catering, who specialise in providing conference and banqueting, hospitality and food services to cultural, arts and exhibition locations throughout the country.

How to find us:

By Road
We can be reached via junction 10 of the M23, and it is signposted from junctions 5 and 6 of the M25 and the Hildenborough exit of the A21.Satellite navigation users: Post Code TN8 7Ng

By Train
Trains run from London Victoria and London Bridge (via Oxted or East Croydon) to Edenbridge Town Station, where the castle is 3 miles away.

Hever Castle

Hever Castle, Hever Road, Hever, Edenbridge