We are currently seeking plate waiting staff to work in our restaurants and hospitality area. Successful candidates will need to see the world through our customer’s eyes and will be required to provide a safe, friendly environment for all customers whilst delivering an efficient and energetic service.
Plate waiting responsibilities include; but are not limited to the following:
- To lay up and prepare tables and service points for the service of meals and functions in accordance with Food & Drink at Wimbledon and Client requirements
- Support the waiting team with the delivery of food and drinks items efficiently
- Prepare crockery, cutlery and glassware ready for relays, ensuring high standards of presentation are maintained
- Clean down and carry out all necessary duties as required by Food & Drink at Wimbledon standards
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks asked of you from within your team and management
Candidates applying for roles at The Championships, 2022 should be aware that you will be considered specifically for the role for which you have applied. You may however, following assessment, be offered an alternative position if one considered more appropriate to your current skills and experience (subject to availability). If your preferred role is not advertised, there are unfortunately no vacant positions available at this time.
- Over 18 as of 24th June 2022
- Must be available for the time period 24th June to 10th July (inclusive) as a minimum
- Previous experience within a hospitality environment is preferred
- You must hold current Valid Right to Work in the UK
- Able to travel to the venue daily for work during the Championships
- Live within reasonable travelling distance of the venue (typically 1 hour or less)
- Must be able to supply 2 suitable references, complete all necessary onboarding paperwork, and satisfy accreditation requirements by the required deadlines.
In return we offer comprehensive online training and 2 days orientation immediately prior to The Championships, meals during shifts, and employee engagement activities. Priority application invitation & opportunities for progression in subsequent years, and the memories of being part of The Championships 2022 are guaranteed to last a lifetime.