Our Food Preparation Assistants are integral to the efficient running of our many catering units These include retail units and hospitality where team members assist our chef team with the production of foods to hospitality, self-service and restaurant style settings offering up to 500 covers to buffet and plated style service. Our Food Preparation Assistants will deliver have a flexible 'can do' attitude to ensure the high quality food reaches our guests ensuring an enjoyable experience and that their expectations are met.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the efficient preparation, presentation and replenishment of all meals and services at required times.
- To ensure the methods of preparation and presentation comply with set standards as determined by the unit food specification manual.
- To ensure that you adhere to Food & Drink at Wimbledon and statutory regulations pertaining to health and safety and hygiene standards.
- To assist with the general tidying up of work areas.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks asked of you from within your team.
Candidates applying for roles at The Championships, 2022 should be aware that you will be considered specifically for the role for which you have applied. You may however, following assessment, be offered an alternative position if one considered more appropriate to your current skills and experience (subject to availability). If your preferred role is not advertised, there are unfortunately no vacant positions available at this time.
- Over 18 as of 24th June 2022
- Must be available for the time period 24th June to 10th July (inclusive) as a minimum
- Have previous experience within a similar role
- You must hold current Valid Right to Work in the UK
- Able to travel to the venue daily for work during the Championships
- Live within reasonable travelling distance of the venue (typically 1 hour or less)
- Must be able to supply 2 suitable references, complete all necessary onboarding paperwork, and satisfy accreditation requirements by the required deadlines.
- Hold a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
In return we offer comprehensive online training and 2 days orientation immediately prior to The Championships, meals during shifts, and employee engagement activities. Priority application invitation & opportunities for progression in subsequent years, and the memories of being part of The Championships 2022 are guaranteed to last a lifetime.