Working in one of Food & Drink at Wimbledon retail outlets, individuals will be required to work in an assisted-service environment serving hot and cold food and beverages. At Wimbledon, our team members are highly motivated and focused individuals who are on hand to help serve and assist all customers while providing a first-class Wimbledon experience.
During the Wimbledon fortnight, Retail Service Staff roles exist across site in areas hosting Competitors, Media, Debenture Holders, as well as staff breakout areas and multiple public retail units.
Retail Service Staff main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Loading service counters as and when directed and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period.
- Operating electronic cash tills and cash up the float and takings, where applicable.
- Assisting as directed with all aspects of product preparation and presentation to F&D at Wimbledon standards.
- Ensuring all customer areas are kept clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Assisting behind the scenes in the kitchen preparation area, where necessary.
- Handling all customer inquiries in an efficient and appropriate manner
- Ensuring you have the appropriate product knowledge and can offer customers accurate product information.
- Over 18 as of 24th June 2022
- Must be available for the time period 24th June to 10th July (inclusive) as a minimum
- Previous experience as a waiter either in hospitality or within a restaurant
- You must hold current Valid Right to Work in the UK
- Able to travel to the venue daily for work during the Championships
- Live within reasonable travelling distance of the venue (typically 1 hour or less)
- Must be able to supply 2 suitable references, complete all necessary onboarding paperwork, and satisfy accreditation requirements by the required deadlines.
In return we offer comprehensive online training and 2 days orientation immediately prior to The Championships, meals during shifts, and employee engagement activities. Priority application invitation & opportunities for progression in subsequent years, and the memories of being part of The Championships 2022 are guaranteed to last a lifetime.