Kitchen Porter Profile
At the heart of our operation, our Kitchen porters are pivotal in contributing to the delivery of exceptional culinary experiences. We are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and who embody a ‘can-do’ mindset.. Is this you?
Main responsibilities include:
– Being polite, prompt and friendly to all colleagues and guests.
– Communicating with the kitchen team and front of house colleagues to ensure smooth delivery.
– Ensuring all cutlery, crockery and glassware is professionally cleaned before and after use and ensure all service areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
– Cleaning of all cooking utensils as required by the culinary team during the preparation (mis-en-place) and service times.
– Cleaning of kitchen work areas during and after use and removal of kitchen waste to the appropriate area.
– Assisting with the set up and clear down of your area, ready for the next service.
– Exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
– Operating cleaning machinery as shown and trained in accordance with company policy.
– Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH.
– Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
– Enjoy your work, smile and have fun!
RequirementsScottish Event Campus (SEC). We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus.
Our people really care about hospitality, and we support all our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service. We believe that skills can be developed, all you need is lots of positivity and the drive to succeed within the team.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland's premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Centre and the SEC Armadillo. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events and should always adopt the campus’s key behaviours; teamwork and collaboration, whilst providing an excellent visitor experience to every guest.
About the Job
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Porter to join our campus.
Your main duties will be to maintain the kitchen, associated areas and equipment to the highest levels of cleanliness, and to ensure correct use of all cleaning equipment and cleaning products at all times.
To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
To demonstrate a can do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individuals on their product choice
Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
Be prepared to attend all relevant training sessions and meetings
To promote SEC Food and maintain a positive company image
To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
To promote food safety habits and methods of work
To clean all work areas during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
To comply with all company and unit procedures relating to cash handling and security, reporting any issues to your manager
You should adopt our core values for teamwork and collaboration.
You should share our passion for providing excellent visitor experience. You will act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business.
SEC Food recruitment is in conjunction with Constellation - Compass Group's workforce management system.