At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all of our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
About the role
We are currently looking for a customer centric and hardworking Laundry Assistant to work within our People Team.
Your main duties will be as follows:
• Meeting campus’s laundry needs, including washing and ironing
• Maintaining laundry equipment in clean and safe working order and notifying the Manager of any safety hazards or defective equipment
• Notifying the Manager on the need to re-order supplies (i.e. soap powders etc.)
• Performing general cleaning duties
• Keeping the laundry room and staff areas tidy, clean and hygienic
• Carrying our regular stock takes on uniform
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration the candidate should share our passion for providing an excellent visitor experience. They should act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have:
• Great customer service skills
• Enjoy working at a fast pace
• Great team working skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Has a friendly personality
This role will be on a casual working basis and would suit someone who has a fair amount of availability. The role will also include evening and weekend working.