At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus (SEC). We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus.
Our people really care about hospitality, and we support all our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service. We believe that skills can be developed, all you need is lots of positivity and the drive to succeed within the team.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Centre and the SEC Armadillo. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events and should always adopt the campus’s key behaviours; teamwork and collaboration, whilst providing an excellent visitor experience to every guest.
About the Job
As an Event Team Leader, you will be the face of the area you lead for SEC Food. Your role is imperative to the success of the event and will include leading a team of staff to serve customers and clients the food and drink required as per the event instruction – this will involve the sale and service of alcohol if over 18 years old. You will be required to work between the 3 venues including all business streams, Hydro Retail, Hydro Hospitality, Conference and Exhibitions and Armadillo Events. Your duties will include but not limited to:
• To be polite, professional, and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
• To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times.
• To demonstrate a can do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
• To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
• To accept payment and give chance to customers, including operating a till
• To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individuals on their product choice
• To actively gain customer feedback, passing information gained onto your line manager
• To always look out for opportunities to develop out service
• As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiency
• To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard applicable to the site
• Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
• Be prepared to attend all relevant training sessions and meetings
• To promote SEC Food and maintain a positive company image
• Training and development of the team in line with the venue training plan to ensure they have the required skills to do their jobs safely and well,
• Responsibility over the service and management of an allocated area – including but not limited to – stock taking, event files, HSE paperwork whilst also leading the team
• To role model the SEC Food behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers and clients
• To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
• To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
• To promote food safety habits and methods of work
• To serve customers with hot and cold food and beverages within an area during allocated service times
• To clean all work areas during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
• To comply with all company and unit procedures relating to cash handling and security, reporting any issues to your manager
• Communicating with the team to set clear work objectives, build teamwork, share and solve problems and promote a positive safety culture.
• To offer support and guidance to team members including awareness of employees who may need additional support
• Carrying out other reasonable requests made by your Line Manager
You should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration you should share our passion for providing excellent visitor experience. You will act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business.
SEC Food recruitment is in conjunction with Constellation - Compass Group's workforce management system.