Constellation is a new approach to the management, recruitment and training of Compass’s staffing operation. The ability to connect our workforce across the Compass portfolio means that we can get the right people, in the right place and offer work wherever you’re based. We are currently recruiting for a experienced Sous Chef to join our team in Shifnal, Shropshire. Shift times; 09:00 – 15:00 each day (shift patterns tbc) Key duties;
- Ordering and production of time2eat App orders to set spec.
- Monitoring the App and coordinating any deliveries
- Overseeing food trailer which is serving breakfast sandwiches to order, which is being manned by a General assistant
- Control of source planning
- Control of allergens and upload onto tablets
- Clearing day for 200 staff per day on 10/11 August plus prep the day prior. Preparing/cleaning the kitchen and testing the equipment as the kitchen has been closed for 12 months. Moving stock from main kitchen to remote kitchen with support from a driver
- Any small functions which may be booked ( mainly individually boxed lunches)
Stock taking weekly. Updating manual stock sheets with prices.
RequirementsEngaging, flexible and friendly in manner.
Previous experience in a Sous Chef role.
Able to communicate effectively with all our customers, clients and colleagues. Listen and respond appropriately.
Confidence when meeting and interacting with people.
Excellent teamwork skills and a proactive, can do attitude.
Self-assured when working alone.
Ability to work in a high pressure, busy, fast paced environment.
Comfortable to walk & stand during majority of shift as well as frequent manual handling tasks.
By joining the Constellation team you can enjoy many of the benefits we have to offer;
Compass exclusive benefits
Lifestyle benefits “perks” platform
Health & wellbeing support programmes including access to our Employee Assistance Programme