Kitchen Porter required for the Festival season at Glyndebourne.
Constellation is a new approach to the management, recruitment and training of the Compass Group staffing operation.
The ability to connect our workforce across the Compass portfolio means that we can get the right people, in the right place and offer work wherever you’re based.
We are currently Recruiting Seasonal Team on to work at Glyndebourne between May 2021 and September 2021.
We are looking to recruit Back of House Team, Kitchen Porters, Runners, Venue Porters and Kitchen Assistants on both Fixed Term Contracts and Casual Variable Contracts.
Kitchen Porter Main responsibilities include:
– Being polite, prompt and friendly to all colleagues and guests
– Communicating with the kitchen team and front of house colleagues to ensure smooth delivery
– Ensuring all cutlery, crockery and glassware is professionally cleaned before and after use and ensure all service areas are kept clean, tidy and safe
– Cleaning of all cooking utensils as required by the culinary team during the preparation (mis-en-place) and service times
– Cleaning of kitchen work areas during and after use and removal of kitchen waste to the appropriate area
– Assisting with the set up and clear down of your area, ready for the next service
– Exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness
– Operating cleaning machinery as shown and trained in accordance with company policy
– Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH
– Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Glyndebourne is an English country house, the site of an opera house that, since 1934, has been the venue for the annual Glyndebourne Festival Opera. The house, located near Lewes in East Sussex, you will need access to your own transport or be able to access the site easily due to a restriction of local transport.