Constellation is a new approach to the management, recruitment and training of the Compass Group staffing operation.
The ability to connect our workforce across the Compass portfolio means that we can get the right people, in the right place and offer work wherever you’re based.
We are currently Recruiting Sous Chefs to work within our Seasonal Team at Glyndebourne between May 2021 and August 2021 on both Fixed Term Contracts and Casual Variable Contracts.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference?
if so then we would love to hear from you!
You will need to:
– Be polite, prompt and friendly to all colleagues and guests
– Support with leading and motivating a team of chefs, whilst remaining driven to complete your tasks and supporting them to complete their own
– Ensure all ingredients are available for the entire menu matrix including relevant dietary requests
– Prepare food to menu specifications ensuring that Levy standards and procedures are followed
– Ensure portion control, correct preparation and storage methods to avoid waste
– Ability to remain calm during periods of high volume or unusual events
– Inspire those around you to be passionate about food
– Exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Glyndebourne is an English country house, the site of an opera house that, since 1934, has been the venue for the annual Glyndebourne Festival Opera. The house, located near Lewes in East Sussex, you will need access to your own transport or be able to access the site easily due to a restriction of local transport.
RequirementsEngaging, flexible and friendly in manner.
Able to communicate effectively with all our customers, clients and colleagues. Listen and respond appropriately.
Min. NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
Confidence when meeting and interacting with people.
Excellent teamwork skills and a proactive, can do attitude.
Self-assured when working alone.
Ability to work in a high pressure, busy, fast paced environment.
Comfortable to walk & stand during majority of shift as well as frequent manual handling tasks.