Constellation is a new approach to the management, recruitment and training of Compass’s staffing operation.
The ability to connect our workforce across the Compass portfolio means that we can get the right people, in the right place and offer work wherever you’re based.
At the heart of our operation we rely on individuals who share our energy and passion and who will assist in the delivery of exceptional experiences. We are looking for General Assistants to work at a variety of locations.
General duties include;
– Being polite, prompt and friendly to all colleagues and guests.
– Communicating with guests and colleagues to ensure smooth delivery.
– Act in line with guidance and procedures from lead chef and/or room manager, to ensure the team operates to its maximum potential.
– Liaise with all chefs, managers, stores and other catering assistants.
– Assisting with the efficient preparation, presentation and replenishment of food and services at required times.
– Assisting with the set up and clear down of your area, ready for the next service.
– Replenishing stock.
– Take pride in your business and adhere to agreed standards with your team.
– Actively seek to further knowledge and skills and improve personal performance.
– Exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
– Operating machinery as shown and trained in accordance with company policy.
– Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health & Safety, Food safety, Allergens, Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH.
– Personally demonstrating that you take responsibility for your own health and safety.
Different shift times available during the week
- Engaging, flexible and friendly in manner.
- Able to communicate effectively with all our customers, clients and colleagues. Listen and respond appropriately.
- Confidence when meeting and interacting with people.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a proactive, can do attitude.
- Self-assured when working alone.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, busy, fast paced environment.
- Comfortable to walk & stand during majority of shift as well as frequent manual handling tasks.
- Able to drive to site due to location