Constellation is a new approach to the management, recruitment, and training of Compass’s staffing operation. The ability to connect our workforce across the Compass portfolio means that we can get the right people, in the right place and offer a flexible working approach across our vast collection of iconic venues and sectors. Are you looking for a new challenge? Our hospitality staff thrive off the buzz of a busy day and interacting with the general public.
We are currently looking for experienced Front of House staff, including Waiters and Runners for one of our most iconic venues, The Kia Oval.
We are looking for passionate, and experienced hospitality staff with a can-do attitude to be able to work at the Oval during the upcoming Cricket Season, with matches beginning from the 12th April and continuing through to September with an exciting schedule of T20 Matches, County Cricket Games and 100’s.
This boasts 30 days worth of work to offer you over the next couple of months!!
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of the comeback to sport and work as part of a team who love to deliver first class service and experiences to sporting spectators and be a part of that exciting match-day buzz.
Pay Rate: £10.85 / hour
RequirementsYou must have hospitality experience
Waiting and Runner Staff Main responsibilities:
- Being the first port of call for all guests during their meal.
- Engaging with guests to enhance their experience.
- Dealing with their requests efficiently and accurately, communicating with kitchen and colleagues to ensure smooth delivery.
- Serving food, beverages & accompaniments in line with service standards.
- Clearing tables and/or service points in a team environment.
- Know and can describe food and beverage menus including correct cutlery, crockery and glassware for the menu/beverage items being offered.
- Assisting with the set up and clear down of your area, ready for the next service.
- Order taking including use of written orders and/or electronic till and ordering systems.
- Delivery of menu items to table in a swift, professional, and courteous manner.
- Being able to make knowledgeable recommendations, proactively assisting guests with queries and upsell items to guests.
- Ensuring all cutlery, crockery and glassware is polished & impeccably clean before use and ensuring all service areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Escalate any service issues to the appropriate management team member.
- Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH.
- Follow responsible alcohol service policies.
Enjoy your work, smile and have fun!