Constellation is a new approach to the management, recruitment and training of Compass’s staffing operation.
The ability to connect our workforce across the Compass portfolio means that we can get the right people, in the right place and offer work wherever you’re based.
We are currently recruiting for Hospital Porters. Our Hospital Porters make sure crucial goods and items are delivered where they are needed most. They are also make sure patients are at the right place at the right time to get the treatment they need.
If you are a friendly, helpful and reliable person, then a Hospital Porter job may be the perfect job for you.
A Hospital Porters role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
• Transferring patients between various areas of the hospital
• Ensuring the safe movement of medical equipment
• Transporting clinical waste and dangerous materials
• Giving meals to patients
• Distributing post to wards
• Delivering patient notes
• Transferring the deceased to the mortuary
It is important to remember that in addition to these duties, a Hospital Porter is often a source of companionship to a frightened or stressed patient. They are good listeners who can offer sympathy and empathy. They are a reliable, dependable member of the healthcare team fulfilling important and much needed duties throughout the hospital.
To land a job as a Hospital Porter you do not need any specific qualifications or experience, it is more important that you enjoy working with people, helping those in need and providing an exceptional service at all times.
Previous experience in a nursing or care home would go a long way when applying for a job as a Hospital Porter, as would any experience that you may have in customer service. This does not need to be in a healthcare industry, if you have enjoyed working with the public in any other role or industry, be sure to mention it.
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important, as a Hospital Porter you will often find that your shifts include days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays. Shift patterns can work extremely well for those who have home and family commitments providing a career that enables you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
RequirementsGeneral skills that good Hospital Porters should possess are:
• Ability to work quickly and calmly in emergencies
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and empathise
• Patience and tolerance
• Caring and sympathetic nature
• Physical fitness
• Ability to respect patient confidentiality
• Emotional resilience
• Flexible approach to work
• Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
• Ability to follow instructions and work to tight time constraints
• Reliability and dependability