SEC Food are currently looking for an Assistant Hospitality Operations Manager to join the team and assist the Operations Manager in running our Hydro Club experience at The SSE Hydro.
At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
About the role:
To develop and lead a team within the Hydro Club and provide exceptional service to our clients. Manage client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to. Drive foodservice and support service solutions that exceed new and existing customer requirements. Review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets in line with management and performance reporting. Demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, line manager and Leadership teams, in line with the One Compass vision, values and overall business strategy.
Your duties will include:
• Communication with client and customers, responding to requests and feeding back.
• Effective complaint handling.
• Managing a large FOH and BOH team.
• Develop and maintain a full team of staff to ensure the highest levels of efficiency both operationally and guest experience wise.
• Organise and coordinate a high volume and wide variety of hospitality requirements and events.
• Communicating efficiently with SEC Hospitality team to ensure all catering information is accurate and corresponds with SEC Food catering information for each event.
• Ensure all SSE Hydro hospitality catering requirements are delivered in line with our client expectation.
• Managing the labour budgets and increasing sales.
• Pay exceptional attention to detail, ensuring all standards and expectations are met and exceeded in providing a legendary experience to all SSE Hydro hospitality guests
• Observe and monitor guest behaviour on arrival and throughout the event – Responsibility of ensuring the safety of your team.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in handling alcohol intoxicated or substance intoxicated guests, report all guest behaviour issues to security team immediately.
• Maintain superior food safety and health and safety practices.
• Ensuring that supervisors continually develop, implement and monitor activities that will enhance team development and engagement and loyalty.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will:
• Corporate Alignment – Align team to the business
• Results Orientation – Go the extra mile
• Responding to Customers – Take personal responsibility
• Integrity – Act on values and beliefs
• Working Together for the Business – Keep people informed
• Holding Others Accountable – Set performance standards
We would like you to:
• Have supervisory/management experience in a high volume food and drink focussed restaurant or bar
• Be passionate about the service we are providing
• Ensure that unit staff and supervisors and continually developing whilst implementing and monitoring activities that will enhance team development, loyalty and engagement
• Be able to self-motivate and motivate others
• Be both an operational and strategically focused individual
• Be experienced in sales and profit management
We will look after you with:
• A fun, lively and rewarding work environment
• A competitive hourly rate of pay
• Pension Scheme
• Perks at work scheme (employee discounts)
Contract Type: Casual Worker Agreement