Nestling in the heart of the Sussex countryside, is the world famous Glyndebourne Opera House. With three restaurants, two bars, exclusive private dining rooms and fabulous picnics, our dining department offer high-end catering facilities to compliment this magnificent venue.
We are now recruiting for the Summer Opera Festival and Glyndebourne Tour operating from March until October. During the Festival we are open for seven days a week and have a variety of shift patterns including full time, part time, daytime, evening and weekends.
We are looking for front of house cafe assistants to join our friendly team.
Duties to include:
Serving food from hot counter
Till operation and cash handling
Washing up and mopping floor at end of service
Helping chef prep food items
Engaging with our clients plus opera singers and orchestra members
Successful candidates will be hard working and dedicated with boundless energy and enthusiasm. A can-do attitude is essential, as is the ability to work calmly under pressure and to work well within a team.
Please click on the apply now button below to make an online application.
No previous experience is necessary as training will be given prior to the commencement of employment, although prior experience will be taken into account in the recruitment process.
Requirements• Deliver a speedy and accurate service whilst operating a till
• Follow cash handling guidelines
• Serve a variety of food and drinks
• Must have an excellent understanding of kitchen regulations including stock rotations, labelling and cashing up.
• Maintain a clean and tidy service area at all time.
• Working together with your colleagues to make sure you deliver consistently great service and helping each other