We are looking for someone to join the team to oversee all operations for event hospitality. You will work closely with both the Racecourse Operations Manager and Motor Sport Operations Manager for their events respectively, liaising with the Events Planner for any special events or requirements. The scope of the role encapsulates all permanent hospitality spaces at Goodwood Racecourse, fifteen plus temporary areas built for Festival of Speed, five additional temporary areas for Qatar Goodwood Festival (Goodwood Racecourse) and fifteen plus temporary areas at Revival Festival. You will be responsible for the delivery of over 5000 covers of hospitality across the estate on major events with a budgeted sales revenue of almost £6 million yearly.
You will need to be a hands-on professional with energy and drive, have an in-depth food and beverage knowledge and be able to showcase your ability to lead. The right candidate must have strong operational experience of managing and delivering world class events, with management of mass participation events a bonus. The role requires someone with previous greenfield event experience or large stadium/event venue, you will need to have the ability to lead a team, train a team and push to be the best in category.
Requirements• To maintain a strong relationship with the client during coordination, execution and evaluation stages of the events.
• Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement a program of continuous improvement development and increase event day occupancy, food and beverage sales.
• Leads the delivery of world-class event day hospitality restaurant, Lounge and box food and beverage service.
• Inspires, shares knowledge, guides and grows a hospitality team from both a fixed contracted team and variable team.
• To participate in the training and mentoring of the hospitality operations team and our direct staff on service standards and management skills
• To ensure that the set up and breakdown of the event is carried out to the correct procedures and standards set by the Operations Manager
• To manage and oversee all billing for hospitality and at cost areas for every event
• Demonstrate full alignment with the Levy and client vision and values by consistently doing the right things and celebrating successes.
• Continually aware of the customer journey, service pinch points, logistical challenges and opportunities to observe, support, capture and act on client and customer feedback continually.
• Ensure all staff planners are updated and aligned with business requirements ensuring cost are controlled.
• Ensure all relevant event documentation is completed within agreed timelines.
• Champion event day and non-event day HSE within hospitality and ensure HSE is first in everything we do.
• Attend all departmental events or ensure a member of the hospitality team is present.
• Complete all departmental PDR as required within the company guidelines.