Here at ExCeL London Hospitality we provide catering services to one of the biggest and most dynamic exhibitions centres in the world, the ExCeL Exhibition Centre!
We are looking for great Team Leaders – just like you – to join our friendly and welcoming team.
The Hospitality Team Leader role is vital to the success of the business.
Every guest must be provided with a quality experience to maintain and develop a consistent level of hospitality.
As a team, our people are customer-orientated and quality-focused.
– Team Management & Briefing plus good communication skills (as you will be required to communicate with managers through radio).
– Paperwork – opening and closing checks / stock control
– Perform all tasks to a consistent and correct standard which are set in conjunction with the Managers
– Your responsibilities will include monitoring the floor, allocating your designated teams into sections to ensure a smooth and flawless operation from open until close
– You will be the second in command after the Supervisor so you will be responsible for the operation when they are not within the area
– ‘Hosting’ all guests during their visit to ExCeL
– Delivering premium hospitality, anticipating customers’ and your team’s needs whenever possible
– Ensuring the service runs smoothly and optimising capacity
– To be a Customer Service advocate at all times ensuring the guests experience is always put first along with encouraging your team to promote a helpful image to clients and give full co-operation to any guest requiring assistance
– You must be a people person who can delegate tasks effectively whilst monitoring and motivating your team
– Be able to promote, check, report and maintain a high standard of staff grooming and work ethic.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a clear authority and coordination on the floor being able to prevent services issues, overcrowding by having a specific eye for detail and the ability to think on their feet.
This role requires a strong dedicated candidate who can actively strive to contribute positively to our business and consistently maintain the highest of standards.
In return we offer:
We believe in developing our people as our future leaders and investing in their careers with training, a competitive weekly salary starting from £9.50 / hour, pension scheme, holiday pay once accrued, meals on duty and a “foot in the door” to the events / hospitality industry.
We value our employees and as such we like to reward success and encourage growth within our team.
RequirementsTo be successful in this role:
You will need an outstanding background in customer service, with adaptable skillset, so you can be able to make every guest visit a memorable experience.
You need to comply with Health & Safety guidelines and regulations and to be able to operate efficiently in a very fast-paced environment.
You will have a warm and sociable nature, confidence in leading a team and able to lead by example.
Shifts will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.