Goodwood Event Catering (GEC) is a profit share partnership between Goodwood Estate and Levy. Set up in 2018 when Levy won the contract back after a two-year break, GEC is responsible for the majority of catering within the Goodwood Event business which is made up of horse racing and motor sport. The success of GEC comes from the in-depth understanding of the Goodwood dynamic and the simple love of celebrated food and drink experiences and putting our partners and guests first.
To ensure all tasks associated with logistics services and any general support services are carried out with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations. Management of team members to ensure all general duties are completed to appropriate standards to support the efficient and smooth running of the venue in line with contractual requirements. To report to the MotorSport Ops Manager on all relevant event requirements and the Race Courses Ops Manager on racing requirements. People management and personal organisation skills are required for this role, being able to adapt to face passed changing business requirements are essential. Previous logistical roles are not required but would be beneficial.
Requirements• Able to order and distribute dipso, CCG, smalls equipment
• Able to place orders for all heavy equipment on major events
• Keep all stores areas organised & stocked up to level
• Manage stores & distribution on event
• Keep an accurate stock count of all kit on site (dispo, CCG, equipment etc)
• Ensure all areas are set to the highest standards and in line with client requirements
• Make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
• To ensure the venue stock system (Pegasus) is updated and managed
• Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity
• Ensure all areas are clean during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
• To operate machinery as shown and trained to do so, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies to assist in all additional support services where applicable and only if correct training has been provided and verified
• All schedules are maintained and accurate
• Be able to present ETA forecast of labour and controllable spend as required by the venues Ops Managers.
• Evidence of assisting in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment for everyone who comes into contact with your unit or environment
• Ability to prioritise own workload and organise own work to meet priorities, and reduce risks to quality
• Completion of repairs and maintenance log
• Evidence of safe receipt, checking and storage of deliveries to company standards.
• Evidence of recorded accident statistics
• Quality management and health and safety audits
• To report any equipment faults/damage to property as appropriate
• To accept and check appropriate deliveries and ensure items are stored as required.
• To produce stock counts of equipment/items as required and in line with timelines set
• To manage all goods in and work on creating best practice across the estate.