At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
About the Role:
We’re currently looking for an Operations Supervisors to work across the campus during various exhibitions, conferences, retail events and banquets.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To help develop and lead the staff and team leaders within the Retail and Hospitality sectors of the SEC, Hydro and Clyde Auditorium. To provide exceptional service to our clients. Manage client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to. Drive food service and support service solutions that exceed new and existing customer requirements.
Review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets in line with management and performance reporting. Demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, line manager and Leadership teams in line with the one Compass vision, values and overall business strategy.
RequirementsMajor Areas of Responsibility
• Ability to communicate with client and customers, responding to requests timeously and feeding back where appropriate
• Ability to handle complaints effectively and deal with a range of challenging customers
• Communicate strategy clearly and effectively to the team and ensure that we are constantly innovating and developing our offer to maximise our performance and customer satisfaction
• Exceed Client and customer satisfaction
• Abide by our company regulations, setting the standard for those employees reporting to you
• Carry out all staff training and risk assessment needs in accordance with Compass Company Policy
• Demonstrate a good understanding of Health and Safety and Food Safety at work procedures and ensure these are always being followed
• Complete a full briefing for all staff. The brief should include but not be limited to Event specific information, general policies and procedures, Health and Safety, Licensing and Service Standards
• Continually develop and train staff
• Implement and monitor activities that will enhance team development, engagement and loyalty
• Conduct job chats with the team
• Delivery of consistent and exceptional service standards to achieve and exceed agreed targets and grow our reputation to be the best
• Regular monitoring and development of each area within your remit, ensuring that the ‘look and feel’, food quality and presentation, team members, stock and hygiene checks are all exceptional standards.
• Ensure that all areas are set and open on time and operate consistently to the brand standards within defined area
• Report maintenance issues.
• Follow all stock control requirements, ensure proper cash handling procedures are followed and investigate all cash discrepancies thoroughly.
• Share and act on client, customer and team member feedback continually.
• React to open or close due to continued busy periods.
• To ensure all paperwork is filled in and correct and returned to the correct department daily.
• To ensure that team leaders and staff are following correct food, health and safety policies as set out.
• To ensure that all team members are following the correct SOP in regard to cash handling. Always reporting any unacceptable till variances to the Operations Manager.
• Act as duty manager in the absence of an Assistant Operations Manager
• Assist in the organisation, planning and delivery of events
• Ensure all staff are dressed in a clean and correct uniform
• Assess staff competency and carry out ‘on the job’ training where necessary. Ensure all training is properly documented and placed in the applicable employees file.
• Ensure compliance with Compass Group UK & Ireland Policies
• Consult and co-operate with clients on HSE matters
• Monitor and review HSE incidents and corrective and preventative actions in all areas under your control
• Ensure all payments are received from customers and billing is reported in accordance with weekly forecast
• Keep breakages and wastage to a minimum
• Ensure all stock sheets and consumption sheets are completed in full
• Ensure all floats are returned to the Cash Office and accurately signed for
• Ensure all staff complete a cash declaration form
• Ensure all staffing levels are appropriate to business demands and react accordingly
• Corporate Alignment – Aligns team to the business
• Results Orientation - Goes the extra mile
• Responding to Customers – Takes personal responsibility
• Integrity – Acts on values and beliefs
• Working Together for the Business – Keeps people informed
• Holding Others Accountable – Sets performance standards
- A natural ability to motivate and manage staff to deliver exceptional service delivery – experience in leading a team essential
- Confidently able to manage a mixture of Restaurant, Hospitality, Retail catering outlets
- Positive and passionate focus on food – a natural flare for hospitality
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results.
- Experience in fast pace food outlets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exudes confidence, energy and charisma.
- Flexible and agile in approach
- Calm and structured approach
- Computer literacy in Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Contract type: Casual Worker Agreement