At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all of our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
About the role
We are currently looking for customer centric and ambitious Logistic Team Member to work within our campus.
Your main duties will be as follows:
• Working alongside our current logistics team members to provide support to all events across the campus.
• Responsible for checking both quantity and quality of goods before, during and after moving the product and ensuring they are ready ahead of service.
• Set up of all retail and hospitality areas ahead of service.
• Logistics are tasked to conduct analysis of product sales and plan appropriate improvements in their areas.
• Identifying logistical problems and planning appropriate solutions.
• Overseeing the receipt and delivery of goods.
• Supervising suppliers and delivery drivers while onsite ensuring they follow venue health and safety procedures.
• Assisting with stock checks.
• Working alongside the Operations team to provide support to events based on their specific requirements.
Casual position, Casual Workers Agreement
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration the candidate should share our passion for providing an excellent visitor experience. They should act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have:
• Great team working skills
• Good knowledge of health and safety
• Good understanding of cellar practices
• Good numeracy skills
• Experience of working within a logistics support role or similar environment
• Experience of working within events would be particularly advantageous
• Experience in receiving and recording deliveries
• Experience in bar trade
• Fully available for a variety of shifts