Passionate and committed, our commis chefs are driven to pursuing a career within the food industry. This role is a springboard for the right candidate to enhance their knowledge, assisting with the creation of high quality food items, to the required specification, within an allocated area. There are also apprenticeship opportunities for the right candidates. Responsibilities include:
* Support the chefs in the preparation, assembly and cooking of all
* Ensure your area is ready for the start of service, with all preparation
* Assist the culinary team in the day to day running of the kitchen.
* Discuss and agree with the Head Chef the planning, production,
quantity and specification of each dish.
* Clear and clean down your section thoroughly each day before going
* Develop your knowledge of product and ingredients, to be able to
make recommendations and improve your own culinary creativity.
* Communicate courteously and effectively with all colleagues,
demonstrating a positive and enthusiastic approach.
* Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health &
Safety, Hygiene, Manual Handling, allergens and COSHH, including
completing all required e-learning by the required date.
* Assist with new team members by giving respectful and encouraging
coaching as needed, promoting good safety habits and methods of
Requirements* Engaging, flexible and friendly in manner.
* Good communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to take direction, and to work towards and meet deadlines
* Excellent teamwork skills and a proactive, can do attitude.
* Ability to remain calm during periods of high volume or unusual events,
whilst remaining driven to complete your tasks.
* Able to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings and
* Must live within 1 hour travelling distance of the venue.