At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus (SEC). We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus.
Our people really care about hospitality and we support all of our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service. We believe that skills can be developed, all you need is lots of positivity and the drive to succeed within the team.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Centre and the SEC Armadillo. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
We’re currently recruiting for committed and hard-working Kitchen Porters to work across our Campus.
Your main duties will be as follows:
Assisting our Chefs and other culinary staff within our Campus kitchens
– Keeping all parts of the kitchen clean, tidy and safe
– Thoroughly cleaning and putting away all kitchen equipment, pots, pans and dishes
– Responsibly disposing of kitchen waste in line with company procedures
– Helping to unload deliveries
– Report any defective equipment to the management team
– Carrying out all ad-hoc kitchen duties as required
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration the candidate should share our passion for providing excellent visitor experience. They should act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have:
In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have:
• An enthusiastic approach to work
• Previous kitchen experience
• Customer focused
• Able to work well as part of a team
• Able to work on own initiative
• Experience in a fast-paced working environment
• An awareness of both food and personal hygiene standards
• Good communication skills