We have an exciting opportunity for a multi- talented individual to work alongside the C&E Team in one of our unique venues- Science and Industry Museum.
As a supervisor you will overlook the performance of team members and support your line manager, as well as ensure all tasks associated with food delivery, front and back of house services and any general support services are carried out with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations. You will also supervise the team members to ensure all general duties are completed to appropriate standards to support the efficient running of the department and venue.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring all conferences are fully set and that adequate staff are on site before guests arrive.
• Maintain a professional relationship with the Events team.
• To liaise with the events operations team to ensure all events are planned for and delivered to the highest standard.
• To exceed customer and client expectations by demonstrating a positive and flexible attitude to requests, especially under pressure.
• Maintaining the Health and Safety standards for the safe handling of food, and the correct use and storage of equipment/ facilities.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
• Experience in a demanding conference, banqueting and events environment (essential)
• Experience in leading a team (desirable)
• Experience in contract catering (desirable)
• Self- motivation, initiative and high energy
• Flexible working hours
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Willingness to take responsibility and be held accountable
• C&E Operations Manager
• Head of Catering
• General Manager
• Sales Operations Manager
• All other HOD’s