At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
Embrace the venue mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting core values for teamwork and collaboration. Sharing a passion for providing excellent visitor experience. Act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business.
Major Areas of Responsibility
To organize ordering, preparation and food service within SEC Food Production Kitchen cwhic caters for all conference and exhibitions within the SEC Centre. Monitor the quality of food being served from the kitchen and maximizing the profit potential and the development and training your team.
• Ability to communicate with client, responding to requests and feeding back comments and reactions to management
• To provide a food service of the highest standard that exceeds the customer’s expectation
• To adhere to the company procedure for the ordering of food and non-food stuffs
• Maintain good relations with the client through always being polite and courteous to all personnel on site
• To seek ways to improve our service to our customers and increase overall customer satisfaction
• Abide by company regulations, setting the standard for those employees reporting to you.
• Demonstrate good knowledge of good health and safety at work procedures
• Complete a full briefing for all staff (including back of house). The brief should include general housekeeping and site-specific health and safety brief
• To fully participate in all unit team meetings including any Chefs forum and any other Chefs meetings included in the Compass business
• To be able to self-motivate and motivate others
• The evaluation of colleagues with the annual performance review
• To manage the kitchens, ensuring the provision of a first-class quality cuisine for all functions and events
• To supervise the kitchen management within Clydebuilt
• Ensure the highest possible standards of food preparation and hygiene are maintained to at least the Silver standard level within the H & S Award in both retail and Hospitality
• Ensuring that standards of kitchen cleanliness and safety of work areas and equipment are maintained by all kitchen staff
• Ensure all food is ordered to the required level using nominated suppliers through the approved purchasing route
• Be responsible for stock rotation of all food product
• Co- ordinate the regular maintenance of kitchen equipment and introduce any necessary system to produce inventories and undertake equipment planning for events
• Support the business needs within the SECC when the Arena is not operating
• Ensure all staff are dressed in the correct uniform and it is all clean
• Assess staff competency and carry out ‘on the job’ training where necessary. Ensure all results are relayed to the Staffing Department
• Provide all food to specification as agreed with the General Manager
• Support the sales team with seasonal, innovative menus and service ideas
• Fully participate in all tasting for potential clients
• Be aware and adhere to statutory, legal and Company requirements for:
o Health & Safety
o Food Hygiene
o Licensing Laws
o Fire Regulations
• Sales of Goods / Trade Description
• Make personal recommendations based on your knowledge and experience to improve products and service
• The collation and archiving of all food safety documents
• Recommend improvements, which you believe, would help to grow our business and sustain our position in the market
• Maintain good security of products
• To work within the financial controls of the business
• To ensure that staff levels match the business requirements
• Analyse working methods to ensure that all jobs are completed in the most cost and time effective manner
• Keep breakages and wastage to a minimum.
• Ensure all stock sheets are done at the required time
• Ensure any transfer dockets are completed and signed for.
This Job Description is not exhaustive and the request to undertake any other duties deemed reasonable by your line manager in order to meet the demands of the business and to achieve the objectives and targets of the company development.