Whipsnade Zoo is a fantastic theme park venue that Levy Restaurants UK are now proud to provide all of the catering services for. Providing food and drinks for thousands of customers a week, our teams work together within a number of different outlets located across this iconic venue. Together we want to provide our customers with a first class experience.
Although we are surrounded by wildlife, nature and animals, located within the beautifully preserved countryside of Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire, we are accessible by bus with many shifts built around the bus timetables, plus many of our team car pool. So don’t be deterred by our location when applying. We also offer competitive rates of pay.
Weather its making sandwiches, hosting a BBQ, producing pizzas, cooking in a large brigade at our BaseCamp Restaurant, producing a fresh British organic menu at our River Cottage Restaurant, or providing a 3 course intimate evening meal, there is certainly variety in this job with opportunity to learn new skills and progress within this operation. We offer more sociable hours than most other catering positions with many evenings off!
So in summary we are looking for TALENTED, ENTHUSIASTIC & MOTIVATED chefs with a passion and flair for fresh, sustainable and homemade food. We seek people who don’t mind a bit of hard work and enjoy working in a friendly environment. The ideal candidate will have a City & Guilds in professional cookery, however full training can also be provided.
• Ability to work together within a team.
• Ability to work to the highest hygienic standards.
• Ability to use fresh ingredients to make good quality food.
• Ability to Implement Health & Safety legislation and COSHH at all times.
• Ability to cook high quality meals for large volumes of customers.
• Knowledge of fresh food and quality driven.
• Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking.
• Ability to complete relevant paperwork to ensure HSE compliant.