We are looking for a dynamic assistant store manager to lead our team in a newly refurbished store at the SnowDome.
The position is ideal for an experienced /assistant manager supervisor looking for a new challenge or to take their career to the next step.
The store is run by Compass Group on behalf of the SnowDome.
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team of store partners to create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners. The store assistant manager is required to assist the store manager, regularly and customarily exercise discretion in the overall operation of the store.
In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the store’s financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Support in setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modelling how
we work together:
• Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
• Displays a customer comes first attitude by training and holding partners accountable for
delivering legendary customer service.
• Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly
motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and
mission of Starbucks.
• Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store partners to ensure smooth flow of operations.
• Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.