At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all of our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
About the role
We are currently looking for a pro-active and ambitious Kitchen Assistant to support our Catering Team.
Your main duties will be as follows:
• Assisting with meal preparation
• Assisting with garnishes and dessert preparation
• Preparing sandwiches and salads
• Ensuring all meals and products are prepared in line with guidelines and Health and hygiene requirements
• Assisting chefs within all kitchens throughout the campus
• Assisting the Kitchen Porters to ensure that all kitchens are kept clean and tidy
• Assisting with deliveries
• Organising the storeroom
RequirementsThe ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration the candidate should share our passion for providing excellent visitor experience. They should act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business.
In addition to this, the ideal candidate will have:
• An enthusiastic approach to work
• Previous kitchen experience
• Customer focused
• Able to work well as part of a team
• Able to work on own initiative
• Experience in a fast-paced working environment
• An awareness of both food and personal hygiene standards
• Good communication skills
Casual position, Casual Workers Agreement