Aintree Racecourse, home of the Randox Health Grand National Festival are looking for a strong Conference and Events Team Leader to come and join our team working across multiple functions, leading them from build to breakdown and delivering to the desired standards of the Jockey Club.
• Organising all catering aspects of an event from booking right through
• Liaising with the management team on style of service, equipment requirements, staffing requirements.
• Delivering events to the exceptional first class standards that are desired in our organisation.
• Leading a team across different functions to ensure the highest quality service is provided, demonstrating both management and motivational skills to drive performance from our team.
• Working within all Health and safety requirements set by both The Jockey Club and Compass Group.
• Controlling stock and kit levels to ensure we maintain best practice in the business for our offerings and cost controls.
• Challenge and help to move forward our offerings and drive standards of our Conferencing and Events.
• Have a flexible approach to our business, ensuring all functions are covered, with the support of our operations team.
• Accountability for commercial procedures across all events.
• Ensuring all aspects of staff welfare including briefings, breaks and handovers are implemented and recorded.
Support across our North West Region supporting at Aintree, Haydock Park and Carlisle Racecourses and also supporting at Major UK Wide Venues for Compass Group.
Requirements2+ Experience managing an operation/team at a restaurant or events based facility would be desirable, emphasis of working as part of a sports/leisure catering operation is the ideal.
Over 18 years of Age
Knowledge of busy sporting events
Right to work in the United Kingdom