Recruiting now for our up coming 2019 season on the Rowley Mile.
Do you love working as part of an energetic, driven and professional team?
– Supervising all kitchen porters and ensure all work is carried out daily and at the maximum Hygiene & Safety standards.
– Act as the key member of the Hit Squad during event days including prep days (to include room and marquee set ups as required)
– Ensuring all kitchen porters have been trained and their training has been recorded by the Head of Department
– Implementing necessary cleaning (Equipment, floors, walls…etc.) schedule to operate the facilities efficiently
– Undertaking cleaning duties as specified on work schedules in accordance with operational requirements. Including storage areas.
– Ensuring strict adherence to manufacturer’s instructions regarding the use of chemical agents and their application
– Monitor chemical use and other supply if necessary
– Operating and maintain dish washing machine and other cleaning equipment and utensils in accordance with prescribed procedures
– Cleaning work surfaces, shelving, floors, walls, cupboards, grease filters and grease traps (Staff areas when required)
– Emptying and cleaning rubbish bins and maintaining the facility to a high standard of cleanliness
– Assisting when directed to do so, with stocktaking of crockery, glass, cutlery and other utensils.
– Reporting malfunction of services, equipment and any repair requirements relating to wall surfaces, floors, light fittings or wall switches, to Head of Department.
– Complying fully with all regulations relating to Health and Safety at work Act 1974, hygiene and food handling, fire precautions and emergency procedures and COSHH Regulations
– Receive and check in all deliveries in respect of hired equipment, disposables and cleaning materials.
– Ensuring correct and hygienic handling and processing of food items is maintained
– Manage cleanliness of refuge areas and manage waste segregation.
– Co-ordinate and assist in the managing of movement between racecourse and evacuation.
– Manage the safe return of all equipment hired from external suppliers/internal venues
If you are a positive, energetic, people person who is able to thrive in a busy environment when working under pressure, we’d love to hear from you!