An incredible opportunity for a casual Conference and Events Operations team member has just become available at the Museum of Science and Industry. The job would suit someone who is looking for part time work after a hospitality related degree, or for someone currently beginning their degree and wanting to put into practice what they are learning.
As a team member, you will take part in the day to day running of all events and hospitality areas. As a key part of Conference and Events team, you will be helping to provide a friendly and efficient food and drinks service to guests.
– To look after meetings, events, event organisers and attendees. This includes the set up and break down of event spaces.
– To be pleasant and courteous to guests and clients at all times so they feel welcome and comfortable.
– To ensure on all occasions you observe and practice safe and hygienic working practices in accordance with Compass Group standards.
Hours vary throughout the year and where opportunity arise, you may be required to work in other catering departments such as the Café or Bistro, you may also be required to work at our sister venues: Runway Visitor Park and The Imperial War Museum.
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
RequirementsQualifications: Full training will be provided
Catering, hospitality or bar experience is preferred
Applicants for the role need to demonstrate the following desirable skills at interview:
- To have passion and flare in doing what they enjoy.
- Attention to detail and delivering of events at the highest standards.
- Self driven with a proactive and positive approach to change.
- Good at decision making and confident in exercising correct judgement.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethic.
- Ability to prioritise different tasks and requests coupled with proven organisational skills.
- Calm demeanour under pressure.
- Punctual, consistent and reliable.