LSS part of the Compass Group UK & Ireland is a market leader delivering tailored support service solutions to premier venues and events in the sport and leisure market. Working in vibrant and often high-profile public environments, our team has the experience and understanding to deliver best in class service standards to meet the operational needs of our clients.
LSS are proud to be part of the Wimbledon Championships, one of the most iconic and recognisable events in the sporting world. Wimbledon, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and widely considered the most prestigious.
The tournament is played on meticulously prepared grass courts. As a Court Attendant you are part of a very important team that maintains the grass surfaces during the Tournament. A court Attendant role is highly visible. Up to 1bn people from over 200 countries watch the tournament over the 2 weeks. You will be well presented, courteous, punctual and attentive.
LSS @ The Wimbledon Championships are pleased to be part of the most prestigious of the four annual Grand Slam tennis tournaments and the only one still to be played on grass courts. Held at the famous SW19 home of the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) the venue is prepared meticulously each year to ensure performance excellence across the board. Before the Championships a Qualifying Tournament is also held at the Bank of England Sports Ground, where our teams manage many aspects of the event including court attending and event administration tasks.
Court Attendant Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Court Attendant Management Team. The Court Attendant’s responsibilities are:
• Ensure courts are covered and uncovered as directed.
• Work closely with the ground staff, Honorary Stewards and Referees office.
• Be ready at court side at all times to undertake duties
• Provide towels and ice to the court for player’s use
• Make sure your Court side area is presentable at all times.
• When play finishes on your court. Your team is responsible for cleaning the seating area.
• Be courteous and helpful to players, umpires and officials
• Each Court has a Court Captain and a Supervisor. They will inform you of your duties.
• Working as part of a team to carrying out your duties
• It is important to be punctual. Your start time is 7.30am
• A court Attendants role is highly visible. It is important to be presentable
• You have to wear your accreditation at all times.
– Pre-clean/event (24 hour operation begins) – Monday 17th June – Sunday 30th June
– Qualifying Tournament – Monday 24th June – Friday 28th June.
– Junior Tournament – Monday 1st July – Friday 5th July.
– The Championships 2018 – Monday 1st July – Sunday 14th July
– Post-clean – Monday 15th July – Friday 2nd August.
You are required to attend 3 training sessions. They will be conducted during 2 weekends in June. The sessions usually run between 9am and 1pm
Training will take place throughout weekends in June and will be specific to your role, attendance is mandatory.
• Maintain the highest standard of personal presentation
• Have good communication and listening skills
• Be enthusiastic and encouraging
• Work well under pressure
• Work hard and effectively
• You will be part of the delivery team at a prestigious event. High standards are expected at all times