We have an array of different management and supervisory positions available across the site. Due to the nature of the event we look for a variety of skill sets dependent on the area and level of experience.
• Hospitality – Our hospitality areas offer plated and buffet service for approximately 40 clients to up to 600 cover restaurants.
• Restaurants – Exclusive areas such as the Royal Room and Members restaurants to reservation only restaurants such as Wingfield and Renshaw offering 100-300 covers.
• Retail & Public – There are several retail areas across site encompassing bars, restaurants, ice-cream and bon bon vendors, cold food sandwich buffets and hot food units which serve the 39,000 members of the public who are expected on site each day.
• Self-Service – Exclusive Areas such as Competitors’ Restaurants, Debenture holders Restaurants and Members Enclosure Areas to Media and Press Areas which cater for up to 400 covers.
All managers are required to:
• To work as part of a team.
• Operate in an honest, helpful and friendly manner towards customers and colleagues.
• Always leave areas clean and tidy.
• To take responsibility and accountability of your area under the guidance of your senior management.
• Adhere to relevant Health and Safety Regulations.
• To provide the highest standard of personal presentation.
• To provide customer and client awareness..
• To provide the highest standard of customer service skills.
• Liaise with chefs and other managers in their areas
• To adhere to and instruct all members of staff to follow the Food & Drink at Wimbledon rules and policies.
Upon receipt of your application, you will be considered for all suitable roles and therefore need only to apply ONCE.
RequirementsValid Right to Work in the UK
Minimum experience to be of supervisory level in the catering industry