Levy Restaurants UK have an excellent opportunity for an experienced operations Manager at Goodwood Racecourse. Goodwood a beautiful and unique estate in West Sussex, is famous for delivering extraordinary experiences for the c.1 million people who visit each year.
This is a senior role within the business working closely with the Motor Sports General Manager and Operations Director to develop and deliver exceptional food and guest experience, both for specified race days and high-profile events such as the Qatar Festival. Critical to the success and reputation of the F&B offering, is the leadership and engagement of a large, well-trained team, both fixed and seasonal. This is not a role for someone who wants to preserve the status quo, or simply copy ideas from elsewhere, but if you have the passion for food and service underpinned by evidence of delivery of fresh ideals and operational excellence then you will shine and so will the venue.
• To develop and effectively lead your team within a Levy Restaurants UK venue.
• To inspire your team of 16 (and up to 1200 -variable labour) to deliver consistently exceptional service to our clients and guests.
• Create an environment to embrace global/local trends and be continually market leading to reflect the position of Goodwood as a world class venue. Likely to be underpinned by frequent networking and research to drive innovation and product / process developments.
• To oversee and be fully responsible for all catering, hospitality and retail requirements.
• Regular monitoring and development of each department to ensure that food quality, presentation, staffing reviews and consistent standards are in place.
• To facilitate senior client and contractual relationships ensuring that we are true partners in their business.
• To review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets.
• To demonstrate full alignment to our Levy UK vision and values by doing the right things and celebrating successes
• Demonstrating in-depth knowledge of Food & Beverage, operating with focus on innovation, standards and market awareness
RequirementsThe Ideal Candidate
• Must have a ‘can do’ pro-active and positive attitude
• Track record of senior F&B delivery 2 years + experience gained from sports or major leisure venue operational contract management experience.
• Have a standards and quality driven management style with excellent communication skills
• Experience in managing successful, large variable teams
• Passion for the catering and hospitality industry
• Structured and approachable people management skills
• Excellent financial acumen, including previous full P&L accountability
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of retail & events management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to drive change & influence, operate at all stakeholder levels
• Professional integrity, naturally commands respect and delivers on promises
About The Company
Levy UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Wimbledon and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record - there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.