Located next to Big Ben, the QEII Centre has partnered with the Leith’s brand, creating QEII Taste by Leith’s. You will be expected to deliver catering and hospitality events held in the venue, ranging from an awards dinner for 20 guests to an exhibition for 2,000 visitors.
KITCHEN PORTER DUTIES:
• To perform a variety of manual tasks to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
• Clean plates and pots as instructed.
• To clean all work areas during and after use and remove all kitchen waste to the appropriate area.
• Responsible for the overall cleaning of equipment and kitchen areas.
• To maintain standards of health and safety and food hygiene.
• Assist other members of staff to move heavy loads.
• To promote good safety habits and methods of work.
• To operate machinery as shown and trained to do so, ensuring that the equipment is used safely.
• Hourly wage starts from to £8.50 – paid on a weekly basis
• Holiday pay available
• Uniform and PPE will be provided
• Flexible hours to suit you
• Lunch provided in our in-house staff restaurant
• Working alongside our most experienced and friendly catering staff, enabling you to gain and experience so much more!
HOW TO APPLY?
Just click on the “Apply Now” button to make an application.
We will give you a call to discuss the role you have applied for, ask a couple of interview questions and answer any questions you may have for us.
You will be invited to a Group Assessment and confirm your eligibility to work from then onwards.
Requirements• You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of customer service at all times and have excellent communication skills.
• Previous experience in a catering environment is preferred but not essential as venue training will be provided.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Applicants must live within daily traveling distance of Westminster (postcode SW1P 3EE).
• All applicants must have the required documentation to support their Right To Work in the UK.
• You must be over 18 years old
• Always be ready to share a SMILE :)
Hours based on 40hrs p/w, approx shift time 1100 - 2000hrs per day.