Working within the catering department at the zoo is varied between our different outlets, from Costa coffee to our Fish and Chip shop or an ice-cream kiosk.
Shifts are predominately day time hours, with some evening hours when events are on. Applicants must be available to work weekends as well as week days.
As a Catering Supervisor, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success.
You’ll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Catering Supervisor. After all, who doesn’t dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends?
– To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues.
– To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
– To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
– To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
– Till operations – to include the processing of refunds, voids and cashing up procedures.
– To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
– To actively gain customer feedback, passing information gained onto your line manager to make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
– To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
– To promote good safety habits and methods of work
– To serve customers with hot and cold food and beverages within a variety of different catering outlets
– To ensure all displays, counters and seating areas comply with company and statutory health and hygiene requirements
Note: The ability to get to and from Twycross Zoo is important as there is no public transport available.
Requirements- Previous experience supervising frontline teams within a similar environment
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of team members and customers within your work environment
- Able to comply with legislation and follow all rules and regulation laid down in the staff handbook and unit policy statements, with regard to uniform, personal hygiene, health and safety
- Customer service focused
- Team player and can-do attitude
- Takes pride in personal appearance and hygiene
- Self motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Computer literate - including experience in using programs such as Microsoft excel, word, online conferencing tools and sales reporting software