We have an array of different management and supervisory positions available across the venue. Due to the nature of the event we look for a variety of skill sets dependent on the area and level of experience.
During the Wimbledon fortnight, Leadership roles exist across the site in a variety of areas:
- Hospitality – Our hospitality areas offer plated and buffet service for approximately 40 clients to up to 600 cover restaurants.
- Restaurants – Exclusive areas such as the Royal Room and Members restaurants to reservation only restaurants such as Wingfield and Renshaw offering 100-300 covers.
- Retail & Public – There are several retail areas across site encompassing bars, restaurants, ice-cream and bon bon vendors, cold food sandwich buffets and hot food units which serve the 39,000 members of the public who are expected on site each day.
- Self-Service – Exclusive Areas such as Competitors' Restaurants, Debenture holders Restaurants and Members Enclosure Areas to Media and Press Areas which cater for up to 400 covers.
Leadership responsibilities main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a team.
- Operate in an honest, helpful and friendly manner towards customers and colleagues.
- Always leave areas clean and tidy.
- Take responsibility and accountability of your area under the guidance of your senior management.
- Adhere to relevant Health and Safety Regulations.
- Provide the highest standard of personal presentation.
- Provide the highest standard of customer service skills.
- Liaise with chefs and other managers in their areas to provide a seamless, efficient and high quality service to guests
- Adhere to and instruct all members of staff to follow the Food & Drink at Wimbledon rules and policies.
- Train and mentor all those working within the areas of their responsibility, upskilling and developing the team for future Championships.
- Complete staff appraisals and provide operational feedback.
Candidates applying for roles at The Championships, 2022 should be aware that you will be considered specifically for the role for which you have applied. You may however, following assessment, be offered an alternative position if one considered more appropriate to your current skills and experience (subject to availability). If your preferred role is not advertised, there are unfortunately no vacant positions available at this time.
- Valid Right to Work in the UK
- Minimum experience to be of supervisory level in the catering industry
- Must be available for the time period 23rd June to 10th July (inclusive) as a minimum
- Must be able to supply 2 suitable references, complete all necessary onboarding paperwork, and satisfy accreditation requirements by the required deadline.
In return we offer comprehensive online training and orientation prior to the Championships, meals during shifts, and employee engagement activities. Priority application invitation and opportunities for progression in subsequent years, and the memories of being part of The Championships 2022 are guaranteed to last a lifetime.