Team Leader - FOH
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
LOCATION: National Theatre
The National Theatre, one of the UK's leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating, and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
NT Food and Drink, a partnership formed between Levy UK & I (part of Compass Group), KERB Events and the National Theatre, enhances the experience of visitors to the NT. Through delivery of great hospitality across the building and with a wide range of venues from Espresso bars, cafes, theatre bars or pubs and restaurants, whether theatre-going or not, we’re able to meet the needs of our guest and add to their experience of visiting this iconic venue.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Overseeing your section and staff in your operational area on the day.
- Ensuring all equipment, fixtures and fittings are in efficient working order and well presented, and to report to department management when this is not the case.
- Ensuring stock rotation is taking place and your team are confident in this process.
- Support the team in your section with customer / equipment / process issues etc.
- Follow the See, Care, Share guidelines.
- Always staying vigilant to security matters.
- Lead by example in appearance, approach, and professionalism.
- Ensure your section is aware of any promotions, events, bespoke requests within the NT.
- Pre-empt customers' needs and provide a tailored level of customer service, always aiming to exceed expectations.
- Supporting your section to ensure all HSE, compliance, statuary regulations and legal requirements are met.
- Undertake any training and professional development as determined by your managers.
- Ensure wastage is recorded correctly.
- Ensure any accidents, incidents and near misses are recorded and reported to the departmental management team.
- To ensure the opening and closing procedures of your section are adhered to.
- Carry out daily briefings to your operational area.
- Adhere to all Compass / Levy policies and procedures
- Any other duties that are reasonably required of you.
- Experience of working in a similar role and ready to hit the ground running.
- Personal Licence (Desirable.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional and personable approach.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Having and creating clear processes to ensure deadlines are met and control processes are always in place.
- Awareness of COSHH
- Knowledge of EPOS and procurement systems (Desirable)
- Flexible – you may be required to work evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.