National Railway Museum, York
Compass Group are currently recruiting for experienced, energetic, professional front of house service staff to work in our catering outlets at the prestigious venue, Railway Museum, York.
From making barista coffee in our café, to serving meetings in our conference center and waiting on evening events there are a variety of roles and work patterns available to work within Railway Museum to engage all interests and skill levels. You will be required to work weekdays and weekends up to 5 days a week with occasional evening work to support events and experiences.
As a member of the catering team, you will be instrumental in ensuring all the details of a visitors dining experience are met to a high standard to ensure they enjoy their day out at our great, unique venue.
You will provide a safe, friendly environment for all our customers whilst delivering an efficient and energetic service.
You will be the face of the company and the first point of contact for our guests.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues.
• To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
• To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
• To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
• To adhere to cash handling procedures, where applicable
• To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
• To actively gain customer feedback, passing information gained onto your line manager.
We have a variety of shift patterns and hours needed, including casual work starting immediately and full-time positions to start April.
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to
• Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
• Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
• Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
• Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
• Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
• Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
• You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
• Contributory pension scheme
• Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Restaurant Associates provides brilliant hospitality through our food, drink and services. We work with our partners and collaborate with our clients to achieve great things together. Every day, our teams of passionate hospitality professionals strive for excellence in delivering employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK's leading workplace as well as inspiring exceptional experiences in iconic cultural and heritage destinations.
• Previous catering experience preferred but not essential - full training will be provided.
• Polite and able to provide a high quality of customer care.
• Punctual and hardworking
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Ability to work whilst putting visitor, colleagues, and your own safety at the forefront of all you do.