We have an exciting opportunity to join our year-round Private Members Club team as a Plate Waiter on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Dining Room Management Team and working alongside an experienced team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional levels of food and customer service at all times. Food & Drink at Wimbledon are committed to colleague personal development and a comprehensive induction and full training programme will be provided.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is one of the world’s most iconic sporting locations serving as a private Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
The dining offer comprises of a formal dining room serving lunch seven days a week with supper served Monday to Thursday evenings; an all day, less formal offer, is available in the Club Room where morning pastries, snack lunches and afternoon tea are served. The Landing Bar is open for morning coffee and an all-day drinks service.
- Ensuring all cutlery, crockery and glassware is polished & impeccably clean before use and ensuring all service areas are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Ensure all beverages are prepared and served to the correct standards, always adhering to responsible service To serve all food and beverages efficiently, with the correct food service standards & knowledge
- of alcohol guidelines.
- Fold napkins and lay table linen to the correct standards
- To ensure your unit is set up operationally ready for opening to the agreed standards and expectations outlined by Food & Drink at Wimbledon, guided by your manager
- Clearing tables and/or service points in a team environment.
- To ensure you have good product knowledge of the menu & wine list
- When taking orders from guest, check back for clarity and communicate with colleagues to ensure efficient delivery of service.
- Ensure all areas, surfaces, equipment and fridges are regularly cleaned, sanitized and tidied, before, during and at the end of your shift
- Carry out any other reasonable duties asked of you from within your team and management, including being flexible in covering tasks outside of your role specific duties.
- Support, if necessary, to ensure you follow a good stock management system, good stock rotation and stock rooms are organised and clean, to ensure easy stock reconciliation.
- Assisting with the set up and clear down of your area, ready for the next service.
- Have a methodical and logical work ethic
- Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH.
- To assist in any other areas of the business, as required and to be available to work the entire length of the Championships in the Royal Room
All colleagues are required to:
- Respect, listen and follow instruction from the senior management team in a positive manner
- Operate in an honest, helpful, professional, and friendly manner towards guests and colleagues
- To always maintain a positive, helpful, and friendly ‘can-do’ attitude
- Always adhere to relevant Health and Safety Regulations
- Always ensure the highest standard of personal presentation
- Ensure you are aware of guest and client needs and expectations
- Always provide the highest standard of guest service skills
- Safeguard all Food & Drink at Wimbledon property, stock, and equipment, following site bespoke procedures
Benefits and Remuneration:
- Salary paid monthly on 1st of each month
- 5 in 7 day working week
- Meals on Duty
- Flexible hours
- Pension Scheme
- Close to local Transport (Bus, Tube, Overground)
- Progression and development plans
- Compass "Perks at work" scheme
- With an expanding team we always look to provide a first class, five star experience to the Members, and their guests, of the All England Lawn Tennis Club.