Conference and Exhibitions Event Team Member
At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus (SEC). We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus.
The campus comprises of the OVO Hydro, the SEC Centre and the SEC Armadillo.
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events and should always adopt the campus’s key behaviours; teamwork and collaboration, whilst providing an excellent visitor experience to every guest.
About the Job
As Conference & Exhibitions (Confex) Team member you will be reporting to the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for serving and delivering food and beverage in an efficient and courteous manner in different areas. Some duties included are:
- Setting up all areas pre-event,
- Teas & coffees service,
- Lunch and Retail unit service,
- Drinks and canapé receptions,
- Buffet service,
- Wine waiting,
- Bar service and plated dinner service,
- All cleaning duties necessary as per business needs.
- Banqueting dinner experience (large dinner events) is preferred but not essential.
You will be supporting the management team to ensure our units are run to perfection. As a team, our people are customer-orientated and quality- focused.
Your role will include serving customers and clients the food and drink required, this will involve the sale and service of alcohol if over 18 years old.
Please note that most of the shifts in Confex are day time shifts, typically between 7am – 7pm, however some evening events will take place depending on event schedules and requirements.
Why work with us?
- National Living Wage Employer of £10.90 p/hr, paid weekly
- Staff meal entitlement while on duty
- Free staff car parking on site
- Ample opportunity for career progression within events & hospitality
- Become part of a fun and friendly team that delivers a range of incredible events!
- The opportunity to progress in your role across other venues within Compass Group UK and Ireland
- Flexible shifts and manage your own work schedule
- Perks @ Work discounts for all employees
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to cooperate as part of a team
- Pride in quality customer experience
- Previous catering experience is desirable but not essential, with the right attitude we can train you up!
- Contract Type – Casual position, Casual Workers Agreement
Compass and SEC Food are dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture across the workforce. Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of the communities in which we operate. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.