Event Team Member
At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus (SEC). We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus.
The campus comprises of the OVO Hydro, the SEC Centre and the SEC Armadillo.
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events and should always adopt the campus’s key behaviours; teamwork and collaboration, whilst providing an excellent visitor experience to every guest.
About the Job
As an Event Team Member, you will be the face of the venue. Your role will include serving customers and clients the food and drink required, this will involve the sale and service of alcohol if over 18 years old.
Why work with us?
Competitive pay rate of £10 p/hr, paid weekly
Meals on duty
Free staff car parking on site
Become part of a fun and friendly team that delivers a range of incredible events!
The opportunity to progress within your role and/or across others within Compass Group UK and Ireland
• To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
• To demonstrate a safe can do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
• To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
• To accept payment and give chance to customers, including operating a till
• To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individuals on their product choice
• To actively gain customer feedback, passing information gained onto your line manager
• To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
• To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
• To promote food safety habits and methods of work
• To serve customers with hot and cold food and beverages on a counter during service times
• To clean all work areas during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
• To comply with all company and unit procedures relating to cash handling and security, reporting any issues to your manager.
This Job Description is not exhaustive and the request to undertake any other duties deemed reasonable by your line manager in order to meet the demands of the business and to achieve the objectives.