Event Team Leader
At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus (SEC). The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Centre and the SEC Armadillo.
The ideal candidates should embrace the campus mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events and should always adopt the campus’s key behaviours; teamwork and collaboration, whilst providing an excellent visitor experience to every guest.
As an Event Team Leader, you will be the face of the area you lead for SEC Food. Your role is imperative to the success of the event and will include leading a team of staff to serve customers and clients the food and drink required as per the event instruction – this will involve the sale and service of alcohol if over 18 years old.
You will be required to work between the 3 venues including all business streams, Hydro Retail, Hydro Hospitality, Conference and Exhibitions and Armadillo Events.
Why work with us?
- Casual hour contract, flexible shifts to suit you
- Competitive pay rate of £11.75 p/h, paid weekly
- Meals on duty
- Free staff car parking on site
- Lifestyle Benefits “Perks at Work” Scheme
- Health and Wellbeing Support Programmes
- Work at one of the world’s busiest music venues.
- Become part of a fun and friendly team that delivers first class hospitality to their guests.
- The opportunity to progress within your role and/or across other venues within Compass Group UK & Ireland
- To be polite, professional, and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
- To demonstrate a safe can do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individuals on their product choice
- As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiency
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard applicable to the site
- Responsibility over the service and management of an allocated area – including but not limited to – event briefing, stock taking, event files, HSE paperwork whilst also leading the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Solution orientated and innovative
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work well in a team
This Job Description is not exhaustive and the request to undertake any other duties deemed reasonable by your line manager in order to meet the demands of the business and to achieve the objectives.