People Operations Assistant
We are looking for a People Operations/Staffing assistant to join our HR team at Newmarket Racecourse.
Our People Operations team looks after 3 racecourses (Newmarket Rowley Mile, Newmarket July Course and Huntingdon) by ensuring staff are booked to work events, we also deal with checking staff in & out and payroll.
Role is based at Newmarket Racecourse, but some travel to other courses would be required occasionally.
This role would suit an HR graduate or someone with agency work background.
This role is permanent contract with chance of progression in the future for the right candidate.
Job description below:
Upbeat and efficient, our People Operations team are committed to ensuring the right people are in the right place at the right time in our venues. This is a varied role assisting the People Operations Manager and includes administration, operations, logistics and staff welfare.
• Assist the People Operations Manager to ensure that the appropriate quantity and best possible quality of staff are booked to work.
• Assist with recruitment, interviews and staff inductions, taking particular responsibility for the administration process.
• Communicating with staff, managers and suppliers
• Setting up check-in areas pre-event
• Supporting with weekly rota requirements and payroll processing in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
• Take an active role in event day operations including staff check in/out, welfare and uniform.
• Assist with administrative planning and post event breakdown requirements within the department
• Diplomatically liaise between staff, managers, People Operations Managers and suppliers to resolve queries.
• Comply with all company and unit policies with regards to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH
• Assist with new team members by giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed, promoting good safety habits and methods of work.