Chef de Partie
At SEC Food, we’re proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland’s premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
Embrace the venue mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting core values for teamwork and collaboration. Sharing a passion for providing excellent visitor experience. Act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Your main duties will be supporting our Culinary Operations across the campus, help delivery of high quality produce for numerous customers and client groups throughout the campus.
• To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
• To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
• To demonstrate a can do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
• To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
• To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individuals on their product choice
• To actively gain customer feedback, passing information gained onto your line manager
• To always look out for opportunities to develop out service
• As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiency
• To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard applicable to the site
• Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
• Be prepared to attend all relevant training sessions and meetings
• To promote SEC Food and maintain a positive company image
• Promote and contribute to the overall food strategy
• To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
• To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
• To promote food safety habits and methods of work
• To clean all work areas during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
• To comply with all company and unit procedures relating to cash handling and security, reporting any issues to your manager